FAMILY LIFE SUPPORT CENTER, INC. Louison House
Providing Transtional and Permanent Housing Solutions for the Homeless
Family Life Support Center (FLSC) is a private, 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that was established in 1990 by local agencies to address the issue of homelessness that had become more pervasive as a result of the economic decline in Northern Berkshire County during the 1980’s. Over
the past twenty years, FLSC has provided homelessness prevention and
housing services to over 3,500 individuals and families throughout
Berkshire County. Today, FLSC
is the only comprehensive homelessness provider in Northern Berkshire County as we offer both housing services (transitional and permanent) and supportive services for the homeless.
Vision, Mission, Purpose, and Values
Our vision is to become a leader in creating a homeless-free community in Northern Berkshire County over the next 20 years.
Our mission is to reduce homelessness and its causes in Northern Berkshire County.
Providing Transitional and Permanent Housing Solutions for the Homeless
- Compassion: FLSC strives to show care and kindness for those who are in need.
- Respect: FLSC prides itself on treating others as we like to be treated and that means always respecting people regardless of the circumstances or personal history.
- Innovativeness: FLSC seeks to find unique approaches in addressing homelessness in our community.
- Empowerment: FLSC aims to empower our clients by providing them with the skills, habits of mind, and tools to succeed on their own.
- Collaboration: FLSC will always be open to working with a variety of partners in lessening the impact of homelessness in our community.
- Financial Sustainability: FLSC has set out to rebuild an organization that provides services to our clients based on the financial resources that are available to us at a given time.